Friday, April 13, 2007

Before or After Toothpaste

So Adina and I are at odds...in teaching Connor how to brush his teeth. We have two distinct approaches: I was raised with the habit of putting toothpaste on the toothbrush first, then wetting it in the sink for brushing while Adina, however, was taught that you wet or rinse the toothbrush first and then apply the toothpaste for brushing.

Unfortunately, the few websites I have been to (I actually did a Yahoo search for "how to brush your teeth") suggest rinsing or wetting the toothbrush before applying toothpaste. So which is it, or does it matter?

2 comments:

Mellifluous said...

Why not let him choose? The more choices you give him the better. (I just re-read Parenting with Love and Logic :) )

Ryan Healy said...

I was raised like you, Than. But I can see it working both ways. :-)