Friday, November 02, 2007

Facial Expressions

I am becoming seriously self-conscious of my facial expressions. Recently during our vacation to Pagosa Springs, my dad took several candid pictures of me (in the context of our family) in which I had horrible facial expressions – and, of course, cameras never lie. And on Halloween night we had a Fun Fall Frenzy for kids and their families at church, during which I played guitar for a time of worship. Adina told me I was making all kinds of interesting (I think she said “intense”) facial expressions while I was playing with the band, one of which looked as though I was highly upset or angry. I assured her that I was not upset or angry. What was going through my mind when I was making those faces?

Most of the time, I am not thinking about what facial expression I am making. But I have been told that I am very expressive with my face, and that it is difficult for me to hide how I am truly feeling. This notion is not comforting in the least. What is a guy to do to ensure that when he is NOT conscious of his facial expression, the one on his face is at least a pleasant one?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you find out let me know! I was (happily I thought) shopping in Wal-Mart a few days ago when a man, who was diligently placing fresh loaves of bread on the shelf, says to me, "You look angry young lady". So...in reading what you had to say I too, evidently, need the same advice you are asking for!
Smiling...
Sarah